The Master Truck Driver Certification program is sponsored by the Massachusetts Motor Transportation Association. The program is intended to recognize those drivers in your employ who have achieved a high level of professionalism through: the safe operation of commercial motor vehicles, have exemplified the ideals of Massachusetts Motor Transportation Association, and the trucking industry during their career.
Applications for the Master Truck Driver Certification are now being accepted. MMTA members are strongly encouraged to submit applications for one or more drivers who meet ALL of the following criteria:
- The driver must be nominated by an MMTA member company;
- The driver must have been employed by the company as a full-time driver for at least one year;
- The driver must have a citation-free Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) for the past 3 years;
- The driver must have achieved either:
- One million accident-free miles or
- 25,000 accident free hours
- The driver’s application should describe in detail at least one of the following:
- A record of community service;
- Leadership or participation in a program or event(s) that promotes a positive image of both the driver and the trucking industry;
- Performance of a meritorious act of selflessness.
Nomination forms are reviewed by the MMTA Safety Committee comprised by experienced trucking industry representatives employed by members of MMTA.
Winners of the Master Truck Driver Award will be presented with a plaque and specially designed jacket at MMTA’s Spring & Fall General Membership meetings.
Please take a few moments to recognize those drivers whom you feel are deserving of this certification. If you have any questions about the program or criteria for application, please contact Jillian Zywien at MMTA at email@example.com or call (617) 695-3512.
Download the application Forms: